Montessori Kids Universe schools strive to deliver authentic Montessori education and develop children who are well educated, socially fulfilled; independent thinkers; full of creativity. How can you be sure your Montessori student is getting the most from their education?
Characteristics of a Great Montessori Experience
When evaluating the student, here are some key characteristics to look for. These core components are what we; at Montessori Kids Universe schools strive to develop in the children we serve.
- Independence. MKU students will develop an “I can do it myself” attitude.
Though all children need guidance and instruction; our children don’t rely solely on the teacher; but learn to self discover and explore independently.
- Confidence. Children in our classrooms will learn to tackle challenging problems
with confidence; asking for help when necessary. They are willing to try new things and learn from their mistakes.
- Self-discipline. The child will learn to make the right choices without punishment.
Every child seeks instruction from teachers and parents; needing less re-direction.
- Motivation to Learn. The MKU classroom encourages children to become fully- engaged in their environment. The child will show an inner motivation to do their work without constant coercing from the teacher.
- Social Development. MKU students show respect for their teachers, fellow students, and classroom materials. They often work together to solve problems, both academically and during play.
- Academic Achievement. In an MKU school; each child develops independently and uniquely. The 3-year cycle includes many skills the child will master, with individual progress being noted each day.
** MKU implements a progress tracking software in each classroom. This software is designed to assess the growth and academic progress of each child. This assessment tool creates an individualized plan for each child; the teacher then guides the child to the appropriate materials for mastery of skills.
Adm1n January 19th, 2017
Posted In: Montessori Education
MKU, Montessori Education, Montessori student